Store Locator
Original Mane 'n Tail - 10 Interesting Facts About Hair
H >Blog >Expert Blog >10 Interesting Facts About Hair

10 Interesting Facts About Hair

Hair is as amazing and unique as the person it belongs to, therefore, learning the facts about your hair is essential! From stick straight to big and curly, it can be found in all colors, textures, and lengths, and can go through many changes throughout life. Style trends, haircuts, and hair colors all go through transitions and can be drastically unique from one day to the next.

Despite all of those differences, hair also has a lot in common too. You may be surprised to discover that deep down, all hair has many details that we all share.

Check out these ten interesting hair facts that are true for almost all hair!

1. The average person has 100,000 – 150,000 strands of hair.



2. On average, you shed around 50-150 strands of hair a day.



3. Hair is the second fastest growing tissue in the body after bone marrow.



4. A healthy strand of hair can stretch an additional 30% when it’s wet.



5. A new hair begins to grow as soon as it is plucked from its follicle.



6. At different times, 90% of hair is growing, while the other 10% is resting.



7. A single hair has a lifespan of about five years.



8. A strand of hair is stronger than a copper wire with the same diameter.



9. When we are cold or scared, goosebumps happen when the muscle for each hair strand contracts.


10. Hair is made up of mostly keratin, the same substance that makes up most of horses hooves, mane, and tail.




Now that you’ve learned ten interesting facts about your hair, remember, while everyone’s hair care routine may be uniquely different and personalized, deep down our hair has many similarities.

Check out Mane ‘n Tail’s unique line of hair products where we have something for everyone!


Shop?Mane ‘n Tail shampoos, conditioners, and more!